Instructions on Poster and Oral Presentations
Dear authors, thank you all for submitting your work to the Solar World Congress 2019 together with the SHC 2019 - we are looking forward to your presentations in Chile!
Below, please find the detailed instructions on how to prepare for your poster and oral presentations.
As a special highlight, this year's Solar World Congress also offers you the opportunity to record a 2-3 minute video of you presenting your work - all information on this can be found within the poster instructions.
Please also see more information on the forums, publication and the review process in this pages menu.
Instructions for Poster Presentations
With the SWC 2019 / SHC 2019 conference coming closer, we would like to give you instructions on how to prepare your poster for the conference.
Your poster should be upright/portrait style with a maximum size of: US format: width: max. 36 inches, height: max 56 inches or DIN A0 format: width: max. 33 inches (84 cm), height: max. 47 inches (119 cm).
Please make sure that letters are sufficiently large to be read from a distance of 1-3 m.
- You are responsible for printing your poster in advance and for putting it up at the conference site. It is not possible to print posters at the conference site.
- Please mount your poster on Monday morning, 04 November.
- Mounting material will be provided.
- Please don't remove your poster before the end of the conference. The posters are an important part of the scientific program and should be displayed the whole time. Please remove your poster on Thursday, November 07, after the closing session. Posters remaining after the conference will be discarded.
- How to find the place where your poster should be mounted: In the poster area you will find a poster list for orientation. In addition, a sign on each poster wall will indicate the author’s name, poster title, and poster number. For your poster’s number please refer to the conference program. If you have difficulties finding “your” poster board, please contact one of our staff members and we will be happy to assist you.
At the SWC 2019/ SHC 2019 we offer you the opportunity to record a short video 2- 3 minute presentation about your poster which will be posted on the ISES YouTube channel. The video will be available to you afterwards to share and use as your personal resource. You can find different examples on how this was done at our most recent conference, EuroSun 2018, here.
If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please register via an email to email@example.com or register on site in Santiago.
If you didn’t register for SWC 2019 / SHC 2019 yet, please register by 16 September. Only papers which have been presented as an oral presentation or a poster at the conference are eligible for publication in the proceedings.
Instructions for Oral Presentations
With the SWC 2019 / SHC 2019 coming closer, we would like to give you instructions on how to prepare and upload your oral presentation.
Presentation time and schedule:
- The detailed program showing the time and place of your session is published on the conference website. A printed program will be handed out during the on-site registration.
- Regular oral presentations are 10 minutes. Please make sure to strictly keep this time limit. Additional 3 minutes of discussion time is foreseen for each presentation.
- Presentations in .ppt format, pptx. format and .pdf format will be accepted. If you have created your presentation in Apple .ppt, please test it on a Windows PC to ensure that it displays correctly.
- Avoid any external links in your presentation. The presentation computers do not have an internet connection.
- Non-standard fonts should be embedded.
- All pictures and graphs must be embedded without links.
- Experience shows that video films often cause problems. If you plan to use video films, please check them when handing in your presentation.
Presentation upload at the conference:
- All oral presentations must be turned in at the Media Upload Desk on site at the conference.
- Please upload and check your presentation well in advance and at least one hour before your presentation.
- You will not be able to display your presentation directly from your laptop computer or memory stick. All presentations must be uploaded to the conference system in advance.
- Please meet your session chairs inside the conference room at least 10 minutes prior to the beginning of your oral session and familiarize yourself with the technical equipment.
Other important things you should pay attention to:
Please make sure that your presentation and memory stick do not contain computer viruses of any kind. If you hand in an infected memory stick, you will be asked to come submit your presentation with a virus-free stick.
If you didn’t register for SWC 2019 / SHC 2019 yet, please register as soon as possible. Only papers which have been presented as an oral presentation or a poster at the conference are eligible for publication in the proceedings.